Home >> Statutes >> Back

Click to open printable format in new window.Printable Format
 | Next

12-691. Certain county and city agreements with federal agencies on recreational facilities along rivers. Any county or city in which the corps of engineers of the United States army or any other department or agency of the government of the United States is authorized by congress to construct works for recreational purposes along any river or tributary thereof lying within or adjacent to the city or county may, if in the opinion of the governing body of the county or city the construction is for the public welfare:

(1) Enter into an undertaking in the name of the county or city to hold the United States free from any damage to persons or property resulting during construction or after completion thereof;

(2) Contract with the government of the United States in the name of the county or city to maintain, keep in repair and operate the works, when completed; and

(3) Furnish all necessary lands, rights-of-way and easements for construction of the works.

History: L. 1967, ch. 517, ยง 1; July 1.

 | Next

LCC Policies
Session Laws

Amended & Repealed Statutes

Amended & Repealed Statutes

Chapter 72 Statute Transfer List

Kansas School Equity & Enhancement Act

Gannon v. State

General Information, Legal Analysis & Research

2016 Amended & Repealed Statutes

2015 Amended & Repealed Statutes

2014 Amended & Repealed Statutes

2013 Amended & Repealed Statutes

Kansas Legislature
Administrative Services
Division of Post Audit
Research Department