Home >> Statutes >> Back

Click to open printable format in new window.Printable Format
 | Next

17-626. Same; general powers. Any such corporation shall have the power:

(a) To cause such examination and survey for its proposed works to be made, as may be necessary to the selection of the most advantageous site, route or routes, and by its officers, agents or servants to enter upon the land of any person for the purpose of making such examination and survey;

(b) to take and hold such voluntary grants of real and other property as may be made to it to aid in the construction, maintenance and operation of its said works;

(c) to receive the aid of any other party by gifts, written obligations, pledges and mortgages of such other party or parties;

(d) to construct its works upon, along, connecting with or away from any stream of water;

(e) and to obtain, store and deliver water to any other party or parties for use in irrigating land, or for conveyance and delivery to others for such use, at such rates and terms for its services and facilities as such corporation, by its bylaws and regulations, may prescribe, which rates and terms shall be reasonable and nondiscriminating.

Such corporation shall have the power to borrow such sums of money as may be necessary for constructing, maintaining and operating its works, and to issue and dispose of its bonds on account of any amount so borrowed, and to pledge and mortgage its real and other property and franchises to secure the payment of any debt contracted by it for the purposes aforesaid.

History: L. 1933, ch. 155, ยง 2; March 22.

 | Next

Interim Assignments for ROS Staff
2021 New, Amended and Repealed Statutes

Information for Special Session 2021

1/7/2022 Meeting Notice Agenda
12/17/2021 Meeting Notice Agenda
10/26/2021 Meeting Notice Agenda
9/27/2021 Meeting Notice Agenda
9/15/2021 Meeting Notice Agenda
8/5/2021 Meeting Notice Agenda
7/27/2021 Meeting Notice Agenda
7/15/2021 Meeting Notice Agenda
4/27/2021 Meeting Notice Agenda
4/1/2021 Meeting Notice Agenda
3/10/2021 Meeting Notice Agenda
12/30/2020 Meeting Notice Agenda
11/19/2020 Meeting Notice Agenda
9/16/2020 Meeting Notice Agenda
4/2/2020 Meeting Notice Agenda
3/29/2020 Meeting Notice Agenda
3/27/2020 Meeting Notice Agenda
3/24/2020 Meeting Notice Agenda

LCC Policies

2020 Interim Committee Assignments
Chapter 72 Statute Transfer List
Kansas School Equity & Enhancement Act
Gannon v. State
General Information, Legal Analysis & Research
2021 Amended & Repealed Statutes
2020 Amended & repealed Statutes
2019 Amended & Repealed Statutes
2018 Amended & Repealed Statutes
2017 Amended & Repealed Statutes
2016 Amended & Repealed Statutes
2015 Amended & Repealed Statutes
2014 Amended & Repealed Statutes
2013 Amended & Repealed Statutes

Session Laws

Kansas Legislature
Administrative Services
Division of Post Audit
Research Department