Home >> Statutes >> Back

Click to open printable format in new window.Printable Format
 | Next

24-136. Special emergency fund; transfer of surplus money. The governing body of any drainage district may establish a special emergency fund to pay the costs and expenses resulting from an emergency within the district. An emergency within the district exists by reason of current injuries to persons or property, or imminent danger thereof, from floods or other injurious action of water in any watercourse within the district. In case of an emergency, the governing body of the district may build new dikes and levees, and repair, expand and strengthen old ones, dig ditches, build jetties, or make any other changes, alterations and additions in existing improvements. The governing body also may build any other new structure or other improvement it deems necessary to solve the problems created by the emergency. Such fund need not be budgeted for expenditure during any year, but the amount thereof shall be stated in the published budget of expenditures of the district. In addition to any levy authorized or limited by law, the governing body may levy annually a special emergency tax on the assessed value of all tangible taxable property within the drainage district. The governing body may transfer, during an emergency, any surplus money from the drainage district general fund to the special emergency fund.

History: L. 1983, ch. 118, ยง 23; July 1.

 | Next

LCC Policies
Session Laws

Amended & Repealed Statutes

Amended & Repealed Statutes

Chapter 72 Statute Transfer List

Kansas School Equity & Enhancement Act

Gannon v. State

General Information, Legal Analysis & Research

2016 Amended & Repealed Statutes

2015 Amended & Repealed Statutes

2014 Amended & Repealed Statutes

2013 Amended & Repealed Statutes

Kansas Legislature
Administrative Services
Division of Post Audit
Research Department