Home >> Statutes >> Back

Click to open printable format in new window.Printable Format
 | Next

44-505b. County as self-insurer; establishment of reserve fund; retransfers. The board of county commissioners of any county may act as a self-insurer under the workmen's compensation act. If the board does elect to act as a self-insurer under that act, such board shall by resolution create a separate fund in the budget of such county to be a reserve fund for the payment of workmen's compensation claims, judgments, and expenses. Such board may provide money for such reserve fund at any time by transfer of money from the road and bridge fund of said county in such amount as the board deems necessary, and notwithstanding any law prohibiting the transfer of any part of one fund to another, the county treasurer of such county, upon receipt of a certified copy of the resolution of the board of county commissioners authorizing such transfer of funds, shall transfer the amount so authorized from the road and bridge fund of such county to the workmen's compensation reserve fund. Payments from the reserve fund so created are to be made by check of the county treasurer upon written order from the board of county commissioners. The balance remaining in the reserve fund at the end of the fiscal year shall be carried forward into the reserve fund for succeeding fiscal years. Such fund shall not be subject to the provisions of K.S.A. 79-2925 to 79-2937, inclusive, and acts amendatory thereof and supplemental thereto, except that in making the budget, the amounts credited to and the amount on hand in such reserve fund, and the amount expended therefrom, shall be included in the annual budget of the county for the information of the residents. Interest earned on the investment of moneys in such fund shall be credited to such fund.

If the board of county commissioners shall determine on an actuarial basis that money which has been credited to such fund, or any part thereof, is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was established, the board may transfer such amount not needed to the fund from which the money was received. Any money so transferred shall be budgeted in accordance with the provisions of K.S.A. 79-2925 to 79-2937, inclusive, and acts amendatory thereof or supplemental thereto.

History: L. 1968, ch. 170, § 1; L. 1974, ch. 203, § 5; L. 1980, ch. 145, § 3; July 1.

 | Next

LCC Policies
Session Laws

Amended & Repealed Statutes

Amended & Repealed Statutes

Chapter 72 Statute Transfer List

Kansas School Equity & Enhancement Act

Gannon v. State

General Information, Legal Analysis & Research

2016 Amended & Repealed Statutes

2015 Amended & Repealed Statutes

2014 Amended & Repealed Statutes

2013 Amended & Repealed Statutes

Kansas Legislature
Administrative Services
Division of Post Audit
Research Department