Home >> Statutes >> Back

Click to open printable format in new window.Printable Format
 | Next

59-1508. Unclaimed money. If any part of the money on hand has not been paid over because the person entitled thereto cannot be found or refuses to accept the same, or for any other good and sufficient reason, the district court may order the executor or administrator to pay the same to the county treasurer for the same disposition as is provided by K.S.A. 20-2801 for moneys received from forfeitures, except that if the person to whom said sum is ordered to be paid refuses to accept the same when it is tendered such person by the executor or administrator, the court may, either before or after the sum has been deposited, order the same to be paid and distributed to those who would be entitled thereto had the refusing legatee or distributee not been entitled to it.

Upon application to the district court within ten (10) years after such deposit, and upon notice to the county attorney and the county treasurer, the court may order the county treasurer to pay the same to the person entitled thereto. No interest shall be allowed or paid thereon, and if the deposit is not claimed within such time no recovery thereof can be had.

History: L. 1939, ch. 180, § 119; L. 1973, ch. 106,§ 14; L. 1976, ch. 242, § 18; Jan. 10, 1977.

 | Next

LCC Policies
Session Laws

Amended & Repealed Statutes

Amended & Repealed Statutes

Chapter 72 Statute Transfer List

Kansas School Equity & Enhancement Act

Gannon v. State

General Information, Legal Analysis & Research

2016 Amended & Repealed Statutes

2015 Amended & Repealed Statutes

2014 Amended & Repealed Statutes

2013 Amended & Repealed Statutes

Kansas Legislature
Administrative Services
Division of Post Audit
Research Department