Home >> Statutes >> Back

Click to open printable format in new window.Printable Format
 | Next

61-3515. Failure of garnishee to pay. If after the time the garnishee is to make payment of funds or property held under a garnishment, the garnishee fails or refuses to pay or deliver property to the judgment creditor, the judgment creditor may file a motion and shall send a copy of the motion to the garnishee and the judgment debtor in the manner allowed under K.S.A. 61-2907, and amendments thereto. At the hearing on the motion, the court may find the garnishee in contempt and punish the garnishee by a fine or may enter judgment against the garnishee for such amount as the court deems reasonable and proper, including the expenses and attorney fees of the judgment creditor.

History: L. 2000, ch. 161, ยง 60; Jan. 1, 2001.

 | Next

LCC Policies
Session Laws

Amended & Repealed Statutes

Amended & Repealed Statutes

Chapter 72 Statute Transfer List

Kansas School Equity & Enhancement Act

Gannon v. State

General Information, Legal Analysis & Research

2016 Amended & Repealed Statutes

2015 Amended & Repealed Statutes

2014 Amended & Repealed Statutes

2013 Amended & Repealed Statutes

Kansas Legislature
Administrative Services
Division of Post Audit
Research Department