Home >> Statutes >> Back

Click to open printable format in new window.Printable Format
 | Next

75-5257. Money and property of inmates; accounts. It shall be the duty of the warden of each correctional institution to take charge of any money or property which any inmate may have with the inmate at the time of entering the correctional institution. If property, the warden may sell or preserve the same as desired by the inmate. Such money, or the proceeds of the sale of any such property, if the same shall amount to at least $25, may be placed at interest in a federally insured financial institution by the warden for the benefit of such inmate or the inmate's representatives. The warden shall keep an account of all such money or property, and shall pay the amount of proceeds thereof, or return the same to the inmate when discharged, or to the inmate's legal representatives in case of the death of such inmate. In case of abandonment of such property, the warden shall dispose of it in accordance with K.S.A. 75-52,135, and amendments thereto.

History: L. 1973, ch. 339, § 47; L. 1974, ch. 403, § 9; L. 1990, ch. 309, § 66; L. 2005, ch. 15, § 1; July 1.

 | Next

LCC Policies
Session Laws

Amended & Repealed Statutes

Amended & Repealed Statutes

Chapter 72 Statute Transfer List

Kansas School Equity & Enhancement Act

Gannon v. State

General Information, Legal Analysis & Research

2016 Amended & Repealed Statutes

2015 Amended & Repealed Statutes

2014 Amended & Repealed Statutes

2013 Amended & Repealed Statutes

Kansas Legislature
Administrative Services
Division of Post Audit
Research Department